Sunday, October 17, 2010

Self-Evaluation About Task Two

What is the thesis for your paper?
The thesis of my paper is Vicki Archer was just a little girl with big dreams of being a teacher.
List the main points you make in your paper.
When Vicki was going through school sh had trouble reading and wasn't the smartest student. A counselor once told her that she couldn't finish college, this make Vicki work even harder. The challenges Vicki had to over come during college such as getting married, being pregnant, managing classes and her kids.
What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
Some of the helpful advice that I received from my peer evaluations where the spelling mistakes that I made. Having a second eye looking at my paper really help fid the mistakes that I couldn't see.
What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
The most helpful information that i received in class that helped me with my paper was just going over the structure of a paper. When we go over are mistakes in class that is wrong with are paper and when you see how other people mess up and we find out how to correct it.
How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or
sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting? I wrote three different drafts on this paper. The first draft was just a bunch of ideas on one paper. Then I wrote everything but the thesis and conclusion out on paper. For the third draft i typed it up and added the thesis and conclusion. I started writing it the week of the ruff draft was due.

What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t
think you got a good handle on? To me I still don't thing I successfully have wrote a good thesis or conclusion, But this paper was better then my task one paper.

What are most pleased with about this paper?
I think that this paper was better written and The information that I had was more detailed

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colton,

    I actually really enjoyed reading your drafts of Task 1 and Task 2. Your strength is your detail. What is it about the thesis and conclusion that you find weak?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete