Thursday, September 23, 2010

Maya Angelou, Sister Flowers

6. Tell the story of a memorable childhood experiance.

When I was around six years old it was the first time that my family and I took a vacation with my grandparents. We took a trip to Minnesota and oh my was it beautiful, there was trees and large bodies of water as far as you can see. Grandapa had been renting a cabin out there for weeks at a time each summer and I guess he figured it would be fun with my family around. When we arrived at the cabin we got all packed in and ate at a restaurant called Zorbas, it had the best arcade that I had ever been to, i'm sure that i spend more time in there then actually eating. The first day that we spend there we just took walks and looked at the sights, but grandpa said tomorrow that we could go on the boat and go fishing. The next day came and I was determined to catch my first fish. The family all loaded up in grandpa's new fancy boat and we headed off in the lake. On grandpa's boat it had a fish detector, it told where the fish where at, we found a spot where tons of fish where at then grandpa said cast out your lines. We sat there for hours not a single bite let alone a nipple, we gave up and headed back to cabin to make a camp fire an then call it a night. Morning came I was the first to wake up so i headed out side to fish on the dock. I cast out my line waiting patiently, being a little boy I got distracted by all the rocks so i decided to start skipping rocks. While I was skipping rock I had gotten a bite on my hook and not realizing it, the fish took my rod under water.

1 comment:

  1. HI Colton,

    Thank you for sharing.

    While I never took to fishing, nor do I enjoy eating it, I can tell that this was a cherished moment in your life as a child.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete