Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Task One" / Questions for Reflection and Writing

What are you thinking about writing? Why?

Recently I fought in Chillicothe and I was thinking about writing about the preparation for the (MMA) fight and the actual fight. I'm wanting to write about this because it is something that really interests me and it has been a major part of my summer.

What sort of problems do you think may arise for Task One?

Problems that may arise while I'm writing task one are my writing abilities and getting use to writing papers.

What do you anticipate? Why?

I anticipate that my story will meet all the requirements and I will have a "Shitty First Draft." I have more than enough information to support my story but not enough experience writing.

What questions do you have for Task One?

How are you going to grade the paper?

How long does the final draft have to be?

Questions for Reflection and Writing


1. One person that is important to the family is my Grandpa. He is always supporting my family and I. When we are in time of need he is always there to fall back on. Recently, my older sister had a baby girl and he scheduled a baby shower for her and bought her a ton of baby supplies. Grandpa also shows that he cares in other ways than just buying gifts though; he takes the time to sit down and to tell you how much he loves you. He would surprise me by showing up at some of my football practices and would attend all of my high school events. He is the type of grandpa that is very goofy but also when the time comes he can give good advice. He calls daily and makes sure that everything is going well. When we spend time with him it means the whole world to him, it’s the little things that makes grandpa happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colton,

    I see that you would like to focus on writing about a specific event. Great! The detail you used in your letter of introduction -- describing this moment was a great visual element to a reader. One question I do have is what is it about this moment that influenced you? What is the significance?

    The minimum page length is 2 pages; however, I anticipate that most students will exceed this page length because of personal memoirs and support needed in order to support the overall claim (e.g. focus/thesis).

    If you are concerned with how I may evaluate this paper, you may revisit the Task One requirements we reviewed in class which is accessible on the class blog, O/P drive and email inbox.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Colton,

    I can tell that your grandfather means a lot to you. Thank you for your response.

    ReplyDelete