Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Subjects that i'm interested in interviewing and writing about for Task Two.

Why are you interested in these subjects?
I am interested in interviewing my grandpa because I have always known him and he has always been in my life. I would like to know more about his past education and compare how they are different from my own.

What makes him/her interesting and unique?
My Grandpa is unique because I have never meet another man like him before. He could possibly be on of the craziest grandpas in the world. When he was younger he didn't live at home much, he was mainly on his own and supporting him self while still getting his G.E.D through high school.

What sort of questions would you ask and why?
I would ask him why he was on his own for so long, how he managed to be on his own and still go through school, what is something interesting that has happened that was educational.

What sort of problems do you think may arise for Task Two?
A problem that might arise for ask two is that some of the information that I receive may be false. I have noticed when I talked with my grandpa a might ask him to repeat something and each time to me it seems to change a little bit or it might be that he just forgot to add the information?

What do you anticipate? Why?
I anticipate that I will have a lot of information on my grandpa for task two. I am hoping that I I'll learn something new about him while I am interviewing him.

What questions do you have for Task Two?
What are some specific questions that I should ask my grandpa while I am interviewing him. How am I suppose to write the paper.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colton,

    I can see your concern about interviewing your grandpa. Unfortunately, with age, the memory goes as well. You certainly aren't alone. If you can, use a tape recorder, which may help avoid this issue.

    If you are curious as to how to organize your paper, I would suggest examining Brittani Booker's essay that we read last week. Use this as a guide. For the introduction, you will want to provide a brief description of your subject. As a writer, you will introduce us to your subject: Tell us who he/she is. Why he/she is significant. Perhaps the relationship to you/he/she, etc.

    As for questions to ask, it seems like you have already identified a focus: why your grandfather dropped out (and his life then). Good for you.

    Let me know what else you may need.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete