Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Self Evaluation


Self-Evaluation

What is the thesis for your paper?
The thesis for my paper was how I started to get into the sport of (MMA).
List the main points you make in your paper.
My friend Justin first MMA Fight, When I decided to fight, The training it took to prepare my first fight, Training with a actual MMA Fighter named Steve and winning my first fight.
What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
The most helpful advice that I received
What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
The most helpful information that I received in class or my paper was how to make the paper complete. Before I didn't know how to start out a paper let alone how to make a good thesis.
How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them?
 For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?
I had made about three different drafts on this paper. The first draft I wrote little small chunks of all the main ideas in my paper then described each one of them with details. The second draft I put all of my ideas and wrote them out in sentence form. After I got my paper looked over and corrected I added my thesis, conclusion and corrected all of my mistakes which made up o my final draft.

What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don't got a good handle on? 
What I would do differently to make my paper more effective would be to describe my setting more and I Should of described my opponent more. I'm not the best at making a good thesis so if I had a better thesis I think my story could of been a little bit better.

What are most pleased with about this paper?
What I was most pleased with my paper was the more descriptive words that I put into my story to make it more visual. I tried to had more facts, details and I thought It made my story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colton,

    I was very pleased with reading your paper. I would say that the strongest part of your paper is the effective storytelling and detail that you have included. I am not aware of MMA, so this was a new take for me.

    A thesis is never easy to construct; however, you are able to reflect on what you have written in your body paragraphs and the thesis mirrors such.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete